While on maternity leave, I have to admit that I have watched far too many TV shows and movies. One of my favorites has been “The Greatest Showman” which “is an original musical that celebrates the birth of show business & tells of a visionary [P.T. Barnum] who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation.”
There are so many things that I love about this movie! The story, music, choreography, actors are all phenomenal. If you haven’t seen this movie yet, I really encourage you to rent – no buy it! – and watch it with your family.
One of my favorite parts of this movie is the song “This Is Me” which sung by Keala Settle who plays the bearded woman. It’s a powerful song that celebrates people’s differences, their uniqueness and oddities. It celebrates those that have been bullied or who feel like outcasts. It’s empowering and uplifting.
Which is why I think it is an excellent song to share with students.
Since I love this song, I created a HyperDoc to inspire students to celebrate their uniqueness and share their story with others. In this HyperDoc, students will:
- Watch two YouTube videos from the film “The Greatest Showman”.
- Breakdown the meaning behind the lyrics of the song “This Is Me”.
- Create a project highlighting who they are by using creative apps found on SmashboardEDU.
- Share their projects with other students.
- View and comment on the projects of other students.
- Reflect on their learning.
Interested in this HyperDoc? Check it out below and get your own copy!
Click HERE for your own copy!
How do you help students celebrate their uniqueness and differences in the classroom? Share in the comments below!