Attendance in distance learning is…complicated, to say the least! However, I am hoping to provide a process that will make it more simple for you!
Below, you will find three easy steps on how to utilize Zoom and Google Sheets to take attendance. Directions and GIF’s are listed below, however, I have also added a tutorial at the end if you would like to be walked through it more formally.
Important Note: Step #1 is only available in some versions of Zoom and depends on your plan.
Step #1: Download Usage Reports from Zoom
- Go to the Zoom website.
- Click on “Reports”.
- Go to “Usage”.
- Click on the number underneath “Participants”.
- Download the .CSV file.
- Open in Google Sheets.
- Insert a new column to the right of Column A.
- Go to “Data” and select “Split Text to Columns”.
- Select Row 1, go to “View”–> “Freeze” –> “1 Row”.
- Select Column B and select “Sort Range by A to Z”.
Go to your student information system (SIS) and take attendance! That’s it!
If you need a walkthrough, here is a short video on the process outline above:
How do you take attendance during distance learning? Share in the comments below!