Is distance learning hitting anyone like a ton of bricks? Or a truck? Or a truck with bricks? Okay, maybe it’s just me! Distance learning is a huge part of many educator’s lives at the moment. Everything has become virtual and, well, that can be a bit tricky and overwhelming at times. Yet, while we live in the virtual world, there are many useful tools that can make our lives easier – even when everything feels so hard. Today, I am so excited to share one of my favorite new platforms for live, virtual events: StreamYard!
StreamYard is a “live streaming studio in your browser. Interview guests, share your screen, and much more. Stream directly to Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other platforms.” It’s an incredibly easy platform to create live streams where you can share on multiple social media websites AND save for future viewings. Personally, I have been using it for the I Heart EDU webinars. At my school site, we have also used it for our Back to School night, too!
Below, I am going to share a quick tutorial, a few ideas on how you can use StreamYard at your school, and a referral link:
Live Stream Ideas:
- Back to School Night: Create a virtual back to school night to share important announcements and information for the new school year.
- Reading with the “Staff Member”: Host a live reading of a children’s book with staff members at your site – whether it’s the Principal, a teacher, or support staff, student’s will love it!
- Schoolwide (or Classroom) Updates: Let families see you live! Share important updates with your families in a live feed where they can ask questions.
- Parent Professional Development: Are some of your families struggling with technology? Host a webinar for parents online!
- Guest Speakers: Bring a guest speaker to your school to increase interest in college, careers, and more!
Interested in StreamYard? Visit their website to test out the free version of it! If you are interested in a paid subscription, use the following referral link to get $10 in credit!
Feel free to share your virtual, live event ideas below!