As many schools are transitioning to distance learning over the next couple of weeks, I thought it would be helpful to make a tutorial for Google Hangouts Meet. Google Hangouts Meet is an easy way to hold high-quality video meetings (for free!), collaborate and continue to build relationships with your students from a distance. Per Google, some of the key features of Google Hangouts Meet include:
- High-definition video and audio meetings with up to 250 participants
- Real-time captions powered by Google speech-to-text technology
- Easy access – just share a link and anyone can join with one click from desktop or mobile
- Easily record your meetings and it will automatically save in Google Drive
- Integration with Calendar for seamless scheduling and easy access to meeting details and calendar attachments from your Meet video call
Below, you will find step-by-step and video instructions on how to use Google Hangouts Meet in your school site and/or district. Click on the image below for access to this FREE document to share with your colleagues or make your own copy via the link below:
If you have any questions about Google Hangouts Meet, please do not hesitate to reach out to me!
What tools are you using to communicate with your staff and students from a distance? Share in the comments below!